Tirana, 1-July 2021
Subject: Company/Expert to develop a dashboard to reflect real-time dashboard for segregated data on violence against children.
- General Information
Tirana 1 July 2021 ALO 116 – Albanian National Child Helpline ALO 116 is a national service that aims to help children through phone counseling and the referral of cases to the governmental and non-governmental institutions that provide services for children. The helpline provides services to children through telecommunications and outreach activities while providing a wide range of critical services, including active listening, counselling and referral services or direct intervention. The underlying principle of the helpline is the protection of children. This service is made posible throught two numbers 116 111-Albanian national Child Helpline and 116 000-Albanian Helpline for Missing Children. ALO 116 is funded by the European Union and implemented jointly with UNICEF office in Albania.
The child helpline plays an important role in the protection of children from abuse and violence. For many children, the child helpline is the first point of contact with any kind of child protection, serving as critical gateways to help and support. ALO 116 provides active listening, counseling and referral services to children who suffer abuse and violence. Perhaps more than any other child protection mechanism, they are able to listen to protect and report on the needs and issues of children and young people everyday 24/7. Through a simple and free phone call, children can contact a professional to whom they can report abuse and violence. The service of ALO 116 is important because is easy-to-access, anonymous as a mean of reporting accurately on abuse and violence, supporting victims with counseling and referral, and calling attention to gaps in the child protection systems. ALO 116 since 2009 is upported by UNICEF Albania.
- Project Description
The helpline is in a unique position to collect accurate data on concerns and issues facing children and young people. ALO 116 collects data based on its phone contacts. Because the helpline is easy to access, children are often more inclined to discuss problems with them than with other (no less important) services, making the helpline privy to vital information not usually shared with parents, peers or educators. The child helpline can use the overall data that collects to disclose abuse and violence and measure its severity, identify gaps in the child protection system and identify needs for following up. This data makes the child helpline ideally suited to serve as a reporting mechanism on child rights issues.
ALO 116 is source of data reporting children issues peridiocally. Annually ALO 116 collects and analyses data and knowledge to highlight gaps in child protection systems and to advocate for the rights of children.The data compiled by ALO 116 can also be used for advocating with governments, child protection system actors, and others to identify policy needs and changes required to respond to violence against children. In this framework ALO 116 with the support of UNICEF Albania is planning to set up a real time dashboard to visualize ALO 116 data on violence against children in Albania. The objective of this call for quotation is to develop a real time dashboard on ALO116 website which will reflect and update ALO 116 data regularly.
- The main goal
The company/Expert is expected to develop a real time dashboard that with ALO 116 data. This real time dashboard will visualize and analyse real time data. The data visualization system shall include development of a dynamic dashboard that will constitute a holistic project’s management information system. The data that will be published in this dashboard will be based on ALO 116 indicators and categories.
- The responsibilities of the expert
- Prepare the structure of the dashboard. The ALO 116 Database has 238 types of data (gender, age, location, perpetrator, type of abuse and exploitation etc) which need to be analyzed and disaggregated;
- Generate custom reports based on ALO 116 segregated data. Disaggregation is expected to take place by gender, location, age group and category. The dashboards will include interactive maps, graphs, and tables allowing for the visualization of one or many data layers. The data for these layers will be based upon publicly available data sets, ALO 116 forms, and other data made available by ALO 116;
- Maintance and support the dashboard for at least at the end of the December 2021;
- Train ALO 116 in utilization of the dashboard and include ALO 116 staff in the development of the dashboard;
- Ensure the system is configured in such a way that data/information security and the security standards
- ALO 116 Responsibilities
- Provide the necessary logistics for the preparation of the dashboard;
- Provide payment based on the contract between ALO 116 and Company/Expert;
- Excellent knowledge and experience of developing software-based databases. Prior experience in development of an information management system for humanitarian organization will be an added advantage;
- High level technical expertise in designed webbased aplications;
- Proven work experience as a Data/System analyst and developer including use of web enabled systems;
- Experience in developing data visualization tools/dashboards;
- Experience with data modelling tools, preferably Navicat Data Modeler;
- Extensive database management skills including complex queries, performance tuning and database development;
- Evidence of similar works done in the last 3 years (please provide supporting documents and referee contacts);
- Preferably have previous collaborative experiences with ALO 116
- Timeline :
|Dashboard design||By 15th of August 2021|
|Dashboard development||By 30 of August 2021|
|Maintance and support the dashboard||By 31 December 2021|
- EVALUATION CRITERIA
- Price per unit-85 points
- Provider name (reputation) in the market-5 points
- Payment terms (waiting time, % discount, etc.)-5 points
- Previous experiences with business-5 points
- WHAT TO SUBMIT
- Detailed CV of the company/expert;
- Examples of similar work done in the past;
- A copy of VAT;
- Financial proposal specifying the total budget estimated in ALL;
The deadline for submission of applications is July 22, 2021, 17:00 hrs.
- Applications should be sent to: Linja Kombëtare e Këshillimit për Fëmijët alo 116 in the address: Rr. Perlat Rexhepi, Pallati ANA, Ap. 18, Kati 7, Tirane
|The bids should be put in an envelope, specifying: “Develop a dashboard to reflect real-time dashboard for segregated data on violence against children”|